Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Veggie Quest Week 2

So, I am well into my second week of no meat. Did I mention I am not having any caffeine or bread eiether? I have lost about 6 pounds. Not bad in one week......I feel like crap. But "they" say thats a sign that toxins are leaving your body. The tiredness, the achyness, the headaches......suprisingly enough i have not been very cranky. Which usually goes hand in hand with being tired and hungry. Fruits and veggies are pretty filling, who knew?lol.
So, a suprising side effect I have had is smoother skin. My skin is not as dry. I am not sure if this is due to the extra veggies or what, but I like it. It has also been clearer. i have rosacea,which is a reddening skin condition. Here lately, it has been horrible,I tend to look like I have constant sunburn.Even with make-up on, I still get the "oh, we got some sun today" comments. No red skin this week. Not even a little bit. Its weird.Im thinking it was the caffeine.
Can I just say how much i hate scales? Not for the obvious reasons,they just seem very tempermental to me....lol. Mine seems to have a mind of its own lately. Why yes, rachel, I will weigh you today. Then the next day its "nope, dont feel like it today, sorry. You'll have to come back at a more conveneint time".
So, that it for now, I will try to check in weekly and post about my progress(or lack therof). Hubby and i are going on a mini-cation next month(its like a vacation only shorter....lol) and I am trying to lose at least 15 pounds before then, so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment