Friday, May 7, 2010

The role of Mommy

Wow, it has been a week. Here we are, on the downhome stretch to finishing school for the year, and out of the blue M gets sick. I am not complaining, in fact it was actually a blessing. Now, thats the wonderful thing about homeschool, I didnt have to worry about make up work(theoretically speaking), no doctors notes,etc.It has been a stressful past few weeks for us,with trying to get done,etc.When i get too busy, I tend to look at the things God has meant to be a blessing in my life,and look at it as stress or an extra thing to do on my "to do" list. Check, there you go. Whats next? I think sometimes God allows certain things to happen so we wont do just that. This week, M and I got some much needed downtime. Bless her heart, she hasnt been this sick in 4 years or more(which I am very thankful for). Shes better now. My husbands job doesnt offer insurance, and we dont qualify for certain assistance,so we dont go to the doctor alot, unless it is an ER visit. Well because she got sick this week, we happened to stumble upon a clinic that could get her set up with some sort of coverage. Not only did she get coverage, but we were able to get it as well(its only good for certain clinics, but hey, its better than nothing).
   So, today she is on the mend(she is on like three antibiotics,which Im a little  nervous about), and she is even cleaning her room.Yay =)
   This weekend, it being Mothers day, I am reminded that there is no other role as important as being a mother(and a wife).Its weeks like this one that make me thankful for my own mom and everything she has done for me. I am a parent,cook, housekeeper,refe, teacher, nurse,maid, security,supervisor, nutritionist, caretaker, personal assistant,life coach, laundry maid, dishwasher,and motivational speaker. I dont get holiday pay, am on call 24 hours a day.7 days a week. Dont get sick days or days off. Now, whose job is more important than that? Happy Mothers day to all of the wonderful moms out there. Hope you have a great one, you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment