Saturday, January 21, 2017

My Weight Loss Story

My name is Rachel and here is my  THM story.I have been fat all of my life, from about the age of 7. You name it, I have tried it. Adkins, South Beach,Supermarket Diet,Paleo, Vegan,Weight watchers, Shakes,etc. In October of 2015 I weighed 270 pounds. This was my post pregnancy weight. My daughter was now 15, so I kept justifying the weight. Well, I hadn't lost any, but at least I haven't gained any either. That is what I would always say..............
This was me:

Oh boy, was I miserable. Very uncomfortable in my own skin. The sad thing is that I never really ate. Maybe one meal a day,somewhere in between 1200-1800 calories per day. People that are overweight are thought to be overweight because they overeat. This is simply not true.In fact, it was quite the opposite. I wasn't eating frequently enough, and not giving anything for my body to burn.Not only this, but I was an emotional eater. I would eat when i was sad, happy, stressed, you name it. Being in college full time causes a lot of stress, so i would eat a lot. Then i would feel soo guilty about it.

In the fall of 2015, I met a dear friend(or actually I had known her for a few months)who introduced me to THM. She let me borrow the book and on October 12,2015(I still remember the day), I began the plan. To date, I have lost 55 pounds.I also have gone from a size 22 to a size 14/16! I haven't worn that size since I was in high school! I realize that isn't a whole lot for my size, and I have a ways to go, but the best part it that I HAVEN'T GAINED IT BACK. I "cheat" several times a week and am only on plan probably about 85% of the time.THM isn't about losing weight,but its about FOOD FREEDOM. If I go"off plan" I can get back on three hours later, its that simple.I no longer feel guilty about having a slice of pizza. THM has done so much for me. I have clearer skin,no more sugar cravings. And best of all, my metabolism burns the way it is supposed to. Here recently, due to the holidays, I went off plan and gained back a whopping 12 pounds.Since, the beginning of the year, I have stayed on plan and lost 10 of that. All of my weight loss has been WITHOUT ANY EXERCISE. I am looking forward to adding some in the near future. Now, of course, there is more to it than that,and I will discuss the basics in another post at some point.
This is me today:

The picture on the left is obviously, me today.55 pounds gone and over 30 inches lost. If I can do it, and stick with it, anyone can.For more information about Trim Healthy Mama, please visit their site here . They also have several Facebook groups, which are extremely helpful.



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment