Thursday, March 6, 2014

Skin Problems got you Down?

One of the main reasons that I wanted to start this blog is to share my own personal journey and testimonials.In this entry, I am going to talk about using oils for various types of skincare problems.One of the many health issues I have battled with is rosacea.Rosacea is basically chronic redness of the skin. People with Rosacea often look like they have sunburn.There are various things that can trigger rosacea, including stress, varying cllimates, and even certain foods. There is no cure for it, but it can be controlled. Mine tends to flare up immediately after I get out of the shower. I took the pictures above this morning. The one on top is before Roman Chamomile,the one below is immediately after.You cannot really tell in the pic,but there was a huge difference.Roman Chamomile is great for inflammation.
  Another issue I have dealt with is oily skin, more specifically, an oily nose. By about 10 AM, I have more oil on my face than a 10 ton oil rig. Grapefruit Essential oil has done wonders for this.Grapefruit is also especially great for treating aging or loose skin.
     In a couple of weeks, I will do more specific blog posts of both of these oils, but for now I would like to address some other skin concerns.
ACNE- we have all had a breakout at some point in our lives, but for some people it is a common everyday annoyance . The oils that have been found to be the most effective in the treatment of acne are as follows: Melaleuca, Purify Blend, Geranium, and Clear Skin Blend. . Melaleuca, also known as tea tree oil is best known for its antiseptic and antifungal properties. To read about a scientific study on melaleuca vs benzoylperoxide click HERE.  Geranium has an effect similar to Roman chamomile or Lavender, as well as a pleasant scent. The Blend Purify has the oils Cilantro,Citronella,Lemon,Lime,Melaleuca alternifolia and Pine in it, and can be applied topically to the skin. DoTerras Clear Skin Blend contains the ingredients Ho Wood,Eucalyptus globulus,Geranium,Litsea,Melaleuca, and Black cumin seed. This blend is also great for Athlete's foot,Facial Blemishes,Itchy Scalp,Infected Nails,Toe Nail Fungus,and Skin Lesions.

SCARS -If you are plagued by scars then you should try Frankincense or Helichrysym . It is suggested that you apply these topically with a carrier oil 3-4 times daily until you get the desired results. For research information on EOs and scarring click HERE

DRY SKIN(ECZEMA,PSORIASIS,DERMATITIS,AND OTHER SKIN DISORDERS)
Dermatitis is often caused by  irritants, Eczema is often hereditary, and psoriasis(my whole family has this) is often a lifelong condition  . If you have or know someone who has persistant eczema or psoriasis, it often needs to be treated within. I suggest doing a good cleanse,followed by an EO regimen. I use a spray of melaleuca and oregano for mine. Since the majority of mine is on my scalp, I often mix the oils in my shampoo.

I hope you have found this post somewhat helpful, And if you have any questions, please feel free to comment below. These are all regimens I have used with much success.


Essentially Yours,

Rachel =)

No comments:

Post a Comment