Saturday, March 14, 2009

Better to have loved and lost, than _________

I apologize for the lack of uninteresting posting the past several weeks. This month has been a whirlwhind. We have experienced three deaths in the family, 2 of them taken by cancer. One of them a 6 year old girl. I consider myself to have a pretty good concept of death,we all die, we dont die until our purpose here on earth is fufilled,and we eiether go to heaven or hell(yes,there is a hell, and there is a heaven). Then there are other cases of death,which I beleive are caused by pure evil,things that we cannot see, and I beleive that this was one of those instances.........I could open a whole other can of worms,but I will not go there. Thats another blog post. I do know one thing for sure, Selena, my grandmother, and Aunt Wanda are in heaven now, and pain free. Selena is probably eating tacos with Jesus :-) . She doesnt have to suffer anymore. I am not a death expert, that is something no one has the answer to,why people have to suffer and die. But I do know one thing. One day, we will get to see them again in heaven,that is, if we make the choice to go there.I also know I cant walk around feeling guilty about the "should haves" I should have called more, I should have prayed more, I should have done something more. Because the reality in any death situation is that it doesnt matter how much we did for this person,we would have always felt like we could have done more. Its part of the grieving process. Thats pretty much all I have to say for right now. I leave you with the a picture of the bravest little girl I have ever known:

RIP Selena Barajas March 27,2002-March 14,2009

No comments:

Post a Comment