Tuesday, March 17, 2009

weighty issues

Well, now for a bit of happier news. I thought I would give a report of my weightloss journey,since I havent updated in a little over a month. I am right at 20 pounds, which is a little less than I had hoped for, but it a good start, and halfway to my short term goal of 40. Saturday I was going through the weekly ritual of trying on clothes to wear to church the next day( a thing I purely despise, not church,but figuring out what to wear, since half of my clothes dont fit right),when I spotted THE DRESS, you know the one I had mentioned I was trying to fit into? Well, I figured I would give it a try. Why not? So I slipped it over my head,and it actually went past my neck this time.....lol. This looks promising. So i continue and Viola!!!! To my suprise it actually fit!!!Now, I am not to the point where I am comfortable going out in it, but just the fact that it fit was huge for me,it means that what i am doing is paying off!!! Such a wonderful feeling.So what have I been doing the past few months? I guess i will spill the beans, i had wanted to keep it a secret, just in case it didnt work. I have been taken the drug Alli, which is an over the counter dose of Orlistat, which is prescribed by doctors for weight loss. Alli is about half the dosage of orlistat that the doc would prescribe. I must admit, I was expecting greater results, but that is partly my fault, because I didnt exercise as much as i should. My supply is beginning to diminish, and i am contemplating if I should get another bottle or not. I'm not sure if I want to do that. beacuse its soo darn expensive.I think alli is perfect for those who have maybe a pesky 15-20 pounds they need to lose. But if you are like me, and have way more,its not the best way to go. But what it will do is give you a boost. Thats really all i was hoping for when I got on it.In addition to that, i have just been watching what i eat,absoloutely no pork,fried,or beef. Yuck. Its amazing what you can live without if you really try. So, this week, I added a little change to my diet,if it works, i will tell you what it is.Ive already lost 2 pounds in a day, so i think its going to.....lol. the thing i really wanted to say though, is that if I can do it, anyone can!!!!! I am probably the most undisciplined person i kow when it comes to diet and exercise. But all it takes is a few minor changes.... You can do it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment